Monday, July 9, 2007

At last, Australs 2007 is going to come to an end. Tomorrow will be the last day. I’ve made a lot of friends, from other countries. Took lots and lots of picture, wit all the ladies of course… There’re many of those gorgeous ones, pretty ones as well. Not to be missed, there’re some who just, um, hook up wit other guys. Particularly, girls from Korea. They’re hot, I can tell u that. But, none really interested me. I dunno why though. Maybe for me there’s more than meets the eye.

I’ve gained lots of experience during this Australs tourney. Debate wise, I was adjudicator. I was out of the debate team for 2 reasons:

  1. Australs has a rule where each debate team must have at least a female member
  2. I was more of a whip, the team needs someone who can be the 2nd speaker as well.

So, I was out. I don’t really mind actually, although I’d be lying if I say I’m not disappointed. But nvm, I learnt a lot from adjudicating others.

Adjudication is not simple either. Instead of preparing and give your standard 7 (8 minutes for Australs though) speech, I’ve gotta listen for the whole round, and try to make out what the speakers are saying. Then I gotta make my judgement, give the win to the deserving team, and as well provide my justification.

Helps a lot really. I see now how I should structure and deliver my speech so the adjudicator can understand what I’m trying to say.

Aside from debates, I did some other things as well. No it doesn’t involve around scoring nor screwing nor sleeping with others. Well, I got along kinda well with the team from China. Apparently, they (not everyone of the team) are from Guangzhou, in other words, they’re Cantonese! They were surprised as well as glad to find that Malaysian Chinese speaks Cantonese. And so they asked me if I could bring them go shopping. Well, since I brought my car, I said yes.

Oh by the way, we were staying at Holiday Villa Subang Jaya through out the tournament. Debates round are at UiTM, so buses will take us to the debate venues everyday.

Anyhow, basically, I went on a date with the China girl(s). Maybe I’ll tell more later when I got time. I’m really sleepy now. Tomoro morning’s got semi-finals and finals.

Nitey nite.

Signing out.

0 comments: